Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Two silver rings...

Been a while, eh? YES. My photo blog is pretty much my personal blog nowadays. But a lot has been HAPPENIN' since I have last posted.

I'll list them off in alphabetical style (let's see if I can fill up every letter):

A: I got a new job!!!!!!! AN AWESOME ONE! I'm working at the Publications and Graphics at BYU where they publish the BYU magazine. I'm an assistant to the photographer here, so it has been awesome. Keep a look out in future issues for photos by me (if I'm lucky enough, of course).:) So exciting. The photographer's name is Brad Slade and he's so nice and super talented. He doesn't have a page of his photos or else I'd direct you to his work. He's the man at black and white film photos.
I also work with Claire who recently graduated from BYU's photo program. She is so nice and it has been awesome working with her. It's fun because both Claire and Brad speak French (Claire IS French and Brad served his mission in France + lived there for a bit when he was young) and they are avid organic food type of people. Claire always comes in talking about her garden and how good the eggs are from her neighbors chickens. It's great because it has instilled this desire in me to have my own garden and chickens. haha:) Someday...when I grow up. But yes, I LOVE MY NEW JOB! I love it. Love.

B: My "business" isn't doing too bad lately. Since it is summer and all, and most people get married during this time, I have met some great people and have taken pictures of them! It's so fun.

C: I GOT A NEW BIKE!!
Image of the SPECIALIZED GLOBE VIENNA 1 LADY 2010 MODELbike-4092bike-4091


It's all white, and I actually wanted the model that had a tan seat, handles and wheels...but they didn't have it! So I bought the all white one. Pretty snazy...I'm honestly not super excited about the white wheels and handle bars, but really...it's an AWESOME BIKE! I love it!


D: My car died. Hence my new bike. I sometimes ride to work, but not a lot because I usually arrive all sweaty because it's an uphill ride and because it's stinkin' hot outside. However, I ride it all of the time in the evenings. One of my VERY favorite summer activities is bike riding around 7:00 or so when the sun starts going down and you can smell the flowers and trees and feel the coolish breeze as you ride. I just don't really love riding on busy streets. That is scary.


E: I just finished "The Hunger Games" and am now reading "Catching Fire". GREAT books. I recommend them wholeheartedly.


F: I'm going to go see "To Kill a Mockingbird" the play this Saturday with Andrew!!! I CAN'T WAIT!


G: My sister, B-I-L, and nephews are visiting from NC. They are moving to GA soon because my BIL just finished his MBA at Duke. Smarty pants.


H: My OTHER sister and her family are moving back to UT!!! YES!!!!! I can't wait to see them!


I: And it won't stop there! My bro Jesse and his girl Becca are GETTING MARRIED! That means I get to go back to PA (since I got married...wayyy too long ago) and I get to take their wedding photos:) Seriously, this summer is so great.


J: My first year in the photo program is finished. I did well in my first ever photo class (intro to B&W film). I've fallen in love with film photography and will hopefully SOON incorporate it into some of my business aspects. I just love film dearly. It makes beautiful photos.

K: Brillante is home from her mission! She came and visited me for nearly two weeks...I love her and I'm so glad she's back!

I don't think I can fill the rest of this page up. But life is really great. I'm LOVING the summer, I love my boy Andrew, and I'm glad I'm alive:) Life is good.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Awesome bike! Hurray for family, and the pics on your photo blog are so so stinkin' cute! Glad life is sweet for you, Mollu! I miss you :)

Larissa said...

I just found this blog. I'm a little behind. Surprised? I like the list and I especially like that I made the list! Thanks for the shout out to my genius husband. He makes me proud. Love you!