Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The boys

So here is a little video I made of Larissa's boys. My new-ish camera (another awesome addition to my life since April time)...it's the Nikon D300s...takes "HD" videos. So it doesn't take HD video like any of the Canon model cameras (specifically the 5D Mark II), but it's better than a normal video camera I suppose.

ANYWAY, the video is in no way professional, but it's fun to have cute videos of kids:) And I added some background music for your pleasure.

And the quality mostly sucks because I uploaded to vimeo and with my free account I only have 500MB free to upload movies, and the original file size is 800-some MB.

3 comments:

Katie said...

oh my goodness...thanks sooo much molly for posting they are soo adorable and camden is such a little mcdonald baby. they are adorable..plus i caught a lil of you too! tell larissa hi and give her a big hug for me. how long is she going to be in utah?

Rebecca said...

awesome video... AWESOME! you have so many talents! Plus it's so nice to see and hear the boys. We miss everyone!

Jesse M said...

Hey just watched the video, that's cool! What editing software do you use? A lot, but not all, should allow you to render your video in different formats (mp4,WMV, mov, AVI). Simply put, each format compresses differently, giving you different video sizes. The one I use to post on Vimeo is WMV. It provides pretty good quality at the smallest compression size. I can't remember if the 300s shoots in HD, but I haven't done a whole lot in HD and it's only been on a flip at that so... anyhow, that's how I sometimes am able to get around the 500mb limit. Now, your video recording rate is probably A LOT higher than the flip giving you much bigger files so it still may not work. Also, the quality of the flip isn't DSLR quality so any video rendered in WMV (standard or HD) with the flip may be good enough, but if your files are rendered in WMV it may still not be the top quality. Does any of that make sense? I think I may have just confused myself.