Monday, March 22, 2010

Why oh WHY!?

Why is failure so scary? Yes, yes, to motivate right? But why can't success be MORE motivating than fear? Why does fear even come into the equation?

Go ahead. Answer please. I really don't know what the right response is, and it's so FRUSTRATING to be fearful of what might happen rather than being hopeful of what WILL happen. Am I right? Is it attitude? Do I need a swift kick in the pants? A figurative slap in the face?

This whole photography thing is getting kind of overwhelming. Well, maybe not overwhelming in the amount of WORK (actually, NOT completely true. My intro to B&W film is kind of rough for me right now. I have a killer assignment that I think will defeat me in the end...that, however, is beside the current point), but more in the idea of it. Hmm, does that make sense?

I would LOVE to have my own business, but I really don't have the confidence to actually start one up. I want to start NOW so I don't have to work at my lame call-center job that I dread going to every morning. I'd rather take photos of cute couples, happy babies, and my man (oh wait, he doesn't pay me...) than sell website subscriptions to cranky strangers.

Ah, yes. That's it. My rant...I don't keep a real journal, so I will use this as my vent-machine since Andrew is currently asleep, and my girl Bri lives in Argentina (OHMYGOSH, she comes home April 22!!!! AHH!! And she's coming to Utah on May 3rd!! TO HANG OUT WITH ME!! Can you tell it's been a while since I've had friends to just talk to (outside of Drew...not anything against him of course, he's my boy, but sometimes you just need a girl-friend)? Seriously, she's my girl.).

This is a random entry, but really...for those of you with some good insight to my earlier questions for me to ponder for the next week or so, I'd appreciate it:) Thanks, family/friends/readers. Love yins.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Looks like you really stumped people on this one what with all of the responses and all. Well, I don't have an answer either. But, I DO have confidence in you and think you should start your own photography business. Yes, "photographers" are a dime a dozen, but you're a good photographer. Get it started, do some facebook giveaways to get the word out (heaven knows that works), and get it going. You go girl!

Rebecca said...

I've been waiting to have good inspirational words for this post. I think maybe I found something. :) Hopefully the link works!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zECt-HA0fD4/S2nqjB8WRvI/AAAAAAAACvI/Fz9sNIiSb6A/s1600-h/watch+me.jpg