Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nacho Libre

I love this movie. It's about a monk who doubles as a luchador attempting to earn money for the orphanage where he lives and works. Nacho/Jack Black is SO funny. The guy goes from snotting out black beans and farting, to singing a ballad to his secret love "Encarnacion" a beautiful nun also living at the orphanage. Who DOESN'T love this movie?


Last night Nacho was on TV when I came home after going out to buy some soup at the grocery store with Andrew. There was my mom in her recliner, giggling away at Nacho in his stretchy pants and his burning robes. I was so happy to see that it was on, so I sat myself down (forgetting the soup I went to buy for my dinner) and giggled along with her. The part I liked best from the movie was probably when he was in the wilderness and his buddy "finds" him by spotting him from the nearby village 50 feet away. Another part I liked was when he sang his song to Encarnacion and got embarrassed when a guy came in the middle of it to tell him that it was time to fight. Luchadors don't sing! They fight!

Haha! Ohh man. What a good night with a good movie. But do you want to know what my absolute favorite thing was about watching this movie?? Seeing my mom giggle so hard watching Nacho that all she could do was kick her foot up and down and every second or so let out a squeal of laughter. haha :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love your momma and glad she got a chuckle out of this movie so did my momma. Love you too Molly. I still remember so many funny stories of you as a young Nacho yourself touting spencer's "stretchy" batman underroos. Thanks for sharing! Vive Nacho!

Rachel said...

I am so glad that you love this movie as much as I do. I love it when Incarnacion says she loves "poopies" instead of "puppies." Oh man.

Larissa said...

I giggle just reading this. Perhaps a Nacho Libre movie party is in order in a few weeks.